[Insight-users] Padding in synthetic DICOM

Federico Milano fmilano at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 15:30:29 EDT 2011

Hi Mathieu,

Thanks for your suggestions. I've changed from Secondary Capture to CT Image
and the problem is still there.

I've also set these fields to "imitate" an original CT DICOM file:

tagkey = "0028|1052"; // Rescale Intercept
value = "-1024";
itk::EncapsulateMetaData<std::string>(dict, tagkey, value);
tagkey = "0028|1053"; // Rescale Slope
value = "1";
itk::EncapsulateMetaData<std::string>(dict, tagkey, value );
tagkey = "0028|1054"; // Rescale Type
value = "HU";

but the generated DICOM shows "US" as "Rescale Type", and it doesn't solve
the problem.

I've tried to change the "SyntaxTransfer" field to "Implicit VR Little
Endian", but I don't know if that makes sense.

Today I've tried with 3DSlicer and it opens o the generated DICOM. I'm still
wondering why VolView fails when trying to open it (and also why the Stryker
navigator renders it with a grey box around).

Thanks,

Federico