[Insight-users] Setting Radius in python - Median Filter

Peter peter.bloomfield at camhpet.ca
Tue Apr 5 15:17:33 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am new to itk and I apologise for this basic question.

I have compiled itk v3.20.0 for python using CableSwig from the cvs repository and all installed without error.

I have a simple program where I want to apply a median filter to a data aet and I use the following
	image_filter = itk.itkMedianImageFilterF3F3_New()
	image_filter.SetRadius( 5 )

but I get the following error
	Traceback (most recent call last):
	  File "/home/peter/Src/Python/Py_Scripts/itk_chk.py", line 21, in <module>
	    image_filter.SetRadius( 5 )
	  File "/usr/local/lib/InsightToolkit/itkMedianImageFilter.py", line 1145, in SetRadius
	    def SetRadius(*args): return _itkMedianImageFilter.itkMedianImageFilterF3F3_Pointer_SetRadius(*args)
	TypeError: Expected a pointer
How do I pass the '5' as a pointer?

Any help will be greatlyu appreciated,

Peter