[Insight-users] Need your help on ITK

faba faba_ir at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 4 09:53:27 EDT 2011

Hello Dear ITK Users:

I am new in itk and not very professional  in C++. Just a few days ago I
started working with itk and now I am really frustrated! I have previously
used other image processing package, Cimg, which simply include a single
file and works very well. But it has not been the case for itk. I am being
faced by confusing terms and programs such as Cmake, vtk, Active TCL....
1- I am wondering if there is any way to simply include a header file or an
address on the top of the code and go for compile.
2- If there is no such a thing as above, I am looking for a simple very
step-by-step instruction to explain in details how we can compile and run a
simple program. There are a couple of instructions on the web but all of
them have repeated the same vague statements. I follow these unclear
instructions and always got error messages by Cmake. For example the paths
that should be specified in the Cmake always give me errors. I really need a
simple and very clear instruction that explain everything.

Your help is really appreciated in advance
Nick