[Insight-users] Confidence Connected (IKT) Irregularity?

charles mac duff charlesmcdff at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 08:47:38 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

I notice that when I’m using the plug-in: Confidence connected of VolView
3.2, there’s something strange happening for certain set of parameters.

When I set the number of iteration to 1 and the variance multiplier to 1
(other parameters by default), the final segmented volume is bigger than
when I put the number of iteration to 20 (with the same variance
multiplier).

Logically, at 20 iterations, the final segmented volume should be bigger
because de growth has processed several times.

Also, after a variance multiplier of about 1.5, the algorithm begins to work
normally (more iterations we have, bigger the final segmented volume will
be).

So, I wonder what’s happening.

Thank you very much in advance for your precious help,

--
Charles Mac Duff