[Insight-users] Smoothing vector images

Miki Maric mikimaric1975 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 03:13:12 EDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 11:23 PM, Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com>wrote:

> Hi Miki,
>
> I believe that the Gaussian filter was modified recently
> in order to smooth images of multiple components.
>
> It should run on an image of Vectors and smooth every
> component independently.
>
> Otherwise,
> You may also want to look at the DemonsRegistration
> filter. I has code for smoothing a deformation field, that
> could easily be copy / pasted into a new smoothing filter
> and then submitted to the Insight Journal....   :-)
>

> Please let us know what you find,
>

>      Thanks
>

>           Luis
>
> Hello Luis and group,

   I'll look it up from DemonsRegistration filter, thanks. Is suppose it's
hardcoded for Gaussian filter?
  Yes, I know this for Gaussian filter, it works in ND, and some others like
VectorGradientAnisotropicDiffusionFilter ...
  but  I'm interested in Bilateral and  TotalVariation filter in 3D.
  My interest arise from topic from my earlier post
http://old.nabble.com/Regularization-type-with-Demons-ts28852748.html#a28946676
  For now as a workaround I use NthElementImageAdaptor,
ImageRegionConstIterator, ImageRegionIterator to get components
  from deformation field smooth it with forementioned  ITK filters and
compose updated deformation field.

   I think I'll be interested in code you mention, and with little help
about coding guidelines and ITK as a whole, I'm interested to submitted back
to Insight Journal if possible according to above topic :)

Regards,
Miki
<http://old.nabble.com/Regularization-type-with-Demons-ts28852748.html#a28946676>