[Insight-users] itk filters and memory use

Cory Quammen cquammen at cs.unc.edu
Tue Sep 21 09:48:41 EDT 2010

In the pipeline approach, streaming would indeed reduce memory usage,
and that would help performance to the extent that it reduces virtual
memory paging. The same number of reads and writes to RAM will be
issued, however, so if memory wasn't a problem to start with, I
wouldn't expect a performance gain by using streaming.

I think the functor image filters I cited should be compatible with
streaming, but I am not an expert in ITK's streaming facilities.

Cory