[Insight-users] bug in Morphology with parabolic structuring elements?

Oleksandr Dzyubak adzyubak at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 11:48:45 EDT 2010

Hi Richard,

Many thanks for you prompt response.
I successfully downloaded the latest version from the link you provided.
I see that you greatly updated your package. Now you have 47 files vs 31 in
the submission!
In your Cmake file there was a typo giving me the error below.

 CMake Error in CMakeLists.txt:
   Cannot find source file "dilateBinary.cxx".  Tried extensions .c .C .c++
   .cc .cpp .cxx .m .M .mm .h .hh .h++ .hm .hpp .hxx .in .txx

So to get rolling, I just commented out the "dilateBinary.cxx" file from my
building list.

Yes, you are right. Now testClose works but in a way I did not expect it to
(see uploaded result).

Closed cthead1 Image.
http://old.nabble.com/file/p29729933/close_cthead1_x1_y05.png
close_cthead1_x1_y05.png

I observe couple "artifacts" there (which do not appear in testOpen! ):
"White Border" and "Severe Streaks".

However real Mystery starts later when I try to apply your Open-Close
algorithms to my images.
To demonstrate the problem, I also uploaded the input, opened, and closed
images.

Input Image.
http://old.nabble.com/file/p29729933/SheppLogan_Proj_720.jpg
SheppLogan_Proj_720.jpg

Opened Image.
http://old.nabble.com/file/p29729933/open_SheppLogan_Proj_720.jpg
open_SheppLogan_Proj_720.jpg

Closed Image.
http://old.nabble.com/file/p29729933/close_SheppLogan_Proj_720.jpg
close_SheppLogan_Proj_720.jpg

As you can see, testOpen still works but testClose does not.
Is that what you also observe in your tests or it is just me?

Regards,

Alex