[Insight-users] Why each thread has a separate copy of the transform in itkImageToImageMetric

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Sep 12 13:19:07 EDT 2010

Hi Mengda,

This cloning of the Transform is done in the Metric
because ITK Transforms are not thread-safe.

Therefore the same instance of the Transform object
can not be safely shared among multiple threads

In particular, the method that computes the Jacobian,
in the Transforms is not thread safe, because it uses
a member variable that is there only for the purpose
of caching data.