[Insight-users] Problem with Demons deformable registration

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri May 28 10:45:41 EDT 2010

Hi Xuanaux,

A)  What pixel type are you using for the image types
      in the template instantiation of the Demons filter ?

B)   Have you verified the content of the resampled moving
      image after the rigid registration ?
      It could well be that such image is outside of the
      extent of the fixed image and it was resampled to
      an empty value

C)  What value are you using for the Default pixel value
      in the Resample Image filter ?
      (after the rigid registration )

D)   For how many iterations is the Demons filter running ?

E)    Please try writing the image to a file format different
       from DICOM (for example, .mha, .vtk, .nrrd, .nii) and
       use a standard image application (such as Slicer)
       to look at the content of the image.   That will help us
       rule out DICOM (or not) as the source of the problem.

   Please let us know,