[Insight-users] Registration works on Debug, on Release doesn't

Oscar Esteban Sanz-Dranguet oesteban at die.upm.es
Thu May 27 12:53:05 EDT 2010

Hi,

Based on Examples\Registration\ImageRegistrationHistogramPlotter.cxx,
I'm trying to perform a registration between a T1 MRI slice and a 13,8
degrees rotated PET slice.

I've configured every block, and I get a great result in Debug mode.

When I try to use the same code, under the same conditions except build
type (now, in Release mode), the registration doesn't work.

On debug mode, the optimizer (RegularStepGradientDescentOptimizer)
starts with a rotation of 0.175 rad. Next step, it tries with 0.350 rad
and next step returns to ~0.19 rad. After 50 iterations, rotation is
about 0,24 and result is great.

On Release mode, it starts with a rotation of -0.175 rad, and every step
it sums up another -0.175 rad. It stops when the maximum iterations
number is reached.

I can't find why this is happening, because all parameters are the same
for the two experiments.

Thank you very much in advanced,

--
Oscar Esteban