[Insight-users] Intensity values issue

Michael Pozdnyakov mishgunn at gmail.com
Wed May 26 12:38:27 EDT 2010

Hi Luis,

First of all, thank you for your answer.

Actually my problem had been already solved, I only haven't written
yet about it.

To debug this issue, first of all I tried, as you said, to write
directly the image I read. Result, no more problem. So then I tried to
read pixels of output images on each stage of my code. And I
discovered, that intensity values never become negative. So, the
problem was in writing. After some research, I noticed, that there was
RescaleSlope tag value of Dicom Meta Data of the fixed image, who was
smaller than the moving image's one. And after I changed it (I took
the value of moving image) I had no more problem.

But it is always strange for me, that there is this kind of casting.
Is there any explanation?

Thanks,
Mikhail