[Insight-users] Performance regression in ITK + gdcm 2.0 reading DICOM JPEG files

Roger Bramon Feixas rogerbramon at gmail.com
Mon May 17 17:50:50 EDT 2010

Hi Mathieu,

Thanks for your attention. I answer your questions:

1. What is your platform ?
I used a Windows XP 32bits to do the test. However, this behaviour also
occurs in Mac OS X platform.

2. What is your compiler ?
All ITK versions were compiled with Visual Studio 2008 and we downloaded
GDCM 2.0.14 binary from http://gdcm.sourceforge.net

3. What are your compiler option (eg. I hope you do not run bench
without CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:Release) ?
RelWithDebInfo

4. Where is the dataset used ?
Dataset 5 is from OSIRIX: http://pubimage.hcuge.ch:8080/DATA/CALIX.zip
-> CALIX/CT1
abdomen/D30MN BILISCOPIN
We are really interested to improve the time needed to load jpeg lossless
datasets. The jpeg lossless datasets used are non-anonymized datasets, I
will try to anonymize them if you want them.

5. Where is the source code used ?
I attach it in this mail.

Thanks!

Roger