[Insight-users] point based registration using least square

Andinet Enquobahrie andinet.enqu at kitware.com
Wed May 5 07:54:03 EDT 2010

Hi Suyang-

There is ITK landmark-based registration class that probably does what you
are looking for.

itk::LandmarkBasedTransformInitializer

This registration class implements an absolute orientation solution using
unit quaternions. It is a closed-form solution to the least-squares problem
of computing transformation parameters between two coordinate systems.

Hope that helps
-Andinet

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 8:56 PM, Suyang Mei <suyang_mei at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi, all -
>
>   I have a simple question here -
>
> I'd like to perform point based image registration by using least square
> approach (basically finding the rotation matrix by using singular value
> decomposition SVD). Inputs are two sets of corresponding points, and I just
> need to get the transformation matrix back.
>
> More like the functions in Examples\Patened\ICP*.cxx, but use closed form
> instead of iterative approach. What is the ITK filter to perform this?
>
>   Thanks a lot in advance.
>
> Suyang

> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ

Andinet Enquobahrie, Ph.D.