[Insight-users] Few questions about quad edge mesh filters

Andriy Fedorov fedorov at bwh.harvard.edu
Wed Mar 17 12:55:55 EDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 12:07, Andriy Fedorov <fedorov at bwh.harvard.edu> wrote:
> 1) the normals produced by QuadEdgeMesh are always (nan,nan,nan). I
> saw the comment in the documentation, that the input and output mesh
> traits should be the same for this filter to work, but this does not
> seem to help.

Update: this happens with the default (THURMER) weight type for
normals calculation, because the weight is calculated to NaN. If I
switch to GOURAUD or AREA weights, it seems to work.

By the way, the documentation does not mention what is the difference
between the different normal calculation modes. Is there an Insight
Journal paper that lists the details?