[Insight-users] itkGDCMIO : Different behaviour with MNOCHROME1 images when using gdcm 2.0.x rather than gdcm 1.2.x

Jesús Spí­nola jspinola at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 08:24:47 EST 2010

Mathieu,

we'll take into account your recommendations. I also think it is better for
the user (and the developer) to be free to decide explicitly which
transformations to apply and when.

Just one more question, so far itk 3.x is using gdcm 1.x and the use of gdcm
2.x is up to the user, so if the behaviour is different I guess it's not
responsibility of itk. Then itk4 will use gdcm 2.x natively so

   - Are their developers aware of this change of behaviour?
   - Is there any intention to keep into itk4 the old gdcm 1.x behaviour
   (implicit color space) or it would have the gdcm 2.x behaviour (explicit
   color space)?

Thanks and happy new year!

--
Jesús Spínola