[Insight-users] Segmentation of microscopic vascular images

Roysam, Badri broysam at Central.UH.EDU
Tue Dec 21 16:30:42 EST 2010

Hello Gib,

You may be interested in this paper that addresses exactly your problem:

Arunachalam Narayanaswamy, Saritha Dwarakapuram, Christopher
S. Bjornsson, Barbara M. Cutler, William Shain, Badrinath Roysam, Robust
Adaptive 3-D Segmentation of Vessel Laminae from Fluorescence Confocal
Microscope Images & Parallel GPU Implementation, 29(3):583-97, IEEE
Transactions on Medical Imaging, March 2010.

Code is also freely available.

Badri Roysam, D.Sc.
Hugh and Lillie Cranz Cullen University Professor
Chair, Electrical & Computer Engineering
N325, Engineering Building 1
University of Houston
Houston, Texas 77204-4005
Phone: 713-743-1773/4435