[Insight-users] ImageFileReader bug

Matt McCormick matt at mmmccormick.com
Thu Dec 16 01:13:20 EST 2010

Sara Rolfe <smrolfe <at> u.washington.edu> writes:

> That sounds just like what I'm experiencing, though I only have this
> problem for 3 component vector images.  However, I just installed the
> latest git version of ITK early last week, and it looks like this
> issue was closed in October.

Sorry for the false trail, then.

The best way to find the problem may be to compile your program with debugging
symbols (CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug), and run in the debugger, breaking at
Code/IO/VTKImageIO.cxx in the method
void VTKImageIO::InternalReadImageInformation(std::ifstream & file)

Stepping through the code may be informative.  Pay particular attention to
240   for ( bool readScalars = false; !readScalars; ).
It might not be getting out of that loop.

Matt