[Insight-users] Can KdThreeBasedKmeansEstimator handle vector of size 5

Xi Liang xliang.cad at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 22:34:52 EST 2010

>I've seen an error like "No conversion available from 5 components to: 5
>components." when accidentally trying to pass a itk::Vector<float,5> as a
>itk::Vector<unsigned char,5>. The error should definitely say something
>about the type (5 to 5 doesn't sound like anything is wrong). I'm not sure
>where this is happening for you though.

You are right here, the problem I think is the type of pixels of vectors.
However, I didnt manage to find the right way to do the casting for the type
of pixels for vectors. Therefore, instead of using itkImageToListAdaptor to
convert a 3D vector of size 5 to a List, I use
itkScalarToArrayCastImageFilter to convert 5 of 3D scalar images to a list.
The image part works fine.