[Insight-users] "Field data" in an itkImage?

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 20:49:35 EST 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 7:52 PM, Magnotta, Vincent A
<vincent-magnotta at uiowa.edu> wrote:
> David,
>
> There is not equivalent functionality, but the MetaDataDictionary could be
> used for this purpose.
>
> Vince

Vince,

This certainly looks promising, but it seems as though I'm not doing
something quite right. When I view the data I have added to the
dictionary with EncapsulateMetaData, it is displayed as
UNKNOWN_PRINT_CHARACTERISTICS when it should be 1.2. I'm not sure if
this related to the second problem, which is that once I write the
image with the dictionary and then read it in again, the dictionary
seems to be empty.

Here is what I have tried:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/Broken/SimpleOperations/MetaDataDictionary

Any suggestions?