[Insight-users] Open Research Computation : BioMedCentral Journal

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Dec 13 20:17:07 EST 2010

        http://www.openresearchcomputation.com/

Open Research Computation publishes peer reviewed articles
that describe the development, capacities, and uses of software
designed for use by researchers in any field.

Submissions relating to software for use in any area of research
are welcome as are articles dealing with algorithms, useful code
snippets, as well as large applications or web services, and libraries.

Open Research Computation differs from other journals with a
software focus in its requirement for the software source code to be
made available under an Open Source Initiative compliant license,
and in its assessment of the quality of documentation and testing of
the software.

In addition to articles describing software Open Research Computation
also welcomes submissions that review or describe developments relating
to software based tools for research. These include, but are not limited to,
reviews or proposals for standards, discussion of best practice in research
software development, educational and support resources and tools for
researchers that develop or use software based tools.

----

"Research is all about testing and re-testing ideas, tools, methods
and concepts.
In the past it wasn't easy to make available the details of how
research was done
 but today we have the ability to share software, analysis, data, and
computational
 tools.

 I am really excited that with Open Research Computation we have an opportunity
to help make research more reproducible."

Cameron Neylon
Editor