[Insight-users] Fwd: Installing ITK

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 15:48:11 EST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kishore Devisetti <kishoredvrs at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 3:42 PM
Subject: Re: [Insight-users] Installing ITK
To: John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com>

John,
Thanks for your prompt response. I still have problems getting started.
I found a files named "ITK.sln" in C:/InsightToolkit-3.20.0/Bin and I
double clicked it. A lot of functions were loaded in Visual Studio.
The instruction in ITK software, 2nd edition say following, but I am
not sure how to do
To create a new project with ITK is to create a new directory somewhere in
your disk and create two files in it. The first one is a
CMakeLists.txt file that will be used by
CMake to generate a Makefile (if you are using UNIX) or a Visual
Studio workspace (if you are using MS-Windows). What should be the
content of the .txt file?
The second file is an actual C++ program that will exercise some of
the large number of classes available in ITK. What is the content of
this C++ file ?

Should I run CMakeSetup after above steps and provide my newly created
directory as source dir and binary dir for new project?
Is this a one time configuration process.
Thanks
Kishore

--
Thanks,

Kishore Devisetti
Image Analysis Engineer
Hamilton Eye Institute, University of Tennessee
Office # 901-448-7830
Cell   # 901-268-7533

--
John M. Drescher