[Insight-users] MPI Vector Gradient Anisotropic Diffusion Image Filter

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Fri Dec 10 11:04:13 EST 2010

On 12/10/2010 07:16 AM, Luis Ibanez wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> The Insight Journal runs in a Virtual Linux machine.
>
> If you let us know the MPI packages that you need
> to be installed, we can set them up in the IJ machine.
>

>     Please let us know,

On my Fedora 13 workstation I have :

$ rpm -q openmpi openmpi-debuginfo openmpi-devel
openmpi-1.4.3-1.fc13.x86_64
openmpi-debuginfo-1.4.3-1.fc13.x86_64
openmpi-devel-1.4.3-1.fc13.x86_64

It was trivial to set up on our cluster. All we did was install the
packages on each node, copy our ssh keys to our home directories on each
node, and list the nodes we want to use in a MPI hosts file. A shared
file-system is handy but not required.

On a single workstation I just have to install the packages and list how
many processes I want to start in mpirun -np NNN programname.

I have added a note to the IJ bug 9776.