[Insight-users] 3D image from 1D ultrasonic scan

Matt McCormick matt at mmmccormick.com
Wed Dec 8 10:46:23 EST 2010

Harisankar P S <hsps9.99 at ...> writes:

> Hello all,I am just learning ITK and have just began the basics. We are
planning to use the ITK to construct  a 3D image using 1D ultrasonic scans. Can
any one direct on how to do that, or provide links to some good resources where
can learn that. I tried searching google.regards,Harisankar

Hi Harisankar,

You can put the 1D Alines sequentially into a binary file.  Then write a
MetaImage header that contains the size and spacing information.
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/MetaIO/Documentation
Then you can use the following filters to get the envelope from the RF.
http://insight-journal.org/browse/publication/722

Regards,
Matt