[Insight-users] MPI Vector Gradient Anisotropic Diffusion Image Filter

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Tue Dec 7 13:28:19 EST 2010

On 12/06/2010 02:25 PM, Bradley Lowekamp wrote:
> Hello Kevin,

If you changed the
> output image to a image of vector is should go away.

Yup this gets rid of the warning

> BTW: I am curious of you are communicating between each node after each
> iteration, or are just having a large overlapping region?

I changed the code to only pad each region by 1 pixel in each direction
and communicate the boundary pixel values at each iteration. The runtime
dropped to 19 minutes, and the ram used was a little less. It should
make the number of iterations unlimited ( no more excess padding soaking
up RAM ).

I'll have to run a test on a small image to see if everything works when
compared to regular Vector Gradient Anisotropic Diffusion.