[Insight-users] MPI Vector Gradient Anisotropic Diffusion Image Filter

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Mon Dec 6 14:25:12 EST 2010

Hello Kevin,

The warning is related to the pixel type you are streaming/pasting to the output file vs the pixel type in the file. MetaImageIO reports all multi-component images as images of vector pixel type. RGBPixels are not vector pixel types. So this warning is saying you are streaming RGBPixels to a Vector image, which doesn't match.  If you changed the output image to a image of vector is should go away.

I think this is reasonable behavior and a reasonable warning for this situation. What do you think?

BTW: I am curious of you are communicating between each node after each iteration, or are just having a large overlapping region?

Brad

On Dec 6, 2010, at 2:16 PM, Kevin H. Hobbs wrote:

> The attached allow for 20 iterations of the full Visible Woman Head data
> set in 25 minutes on 8 nodes with 2 Intel Xeon X5550 CPUs and 12 GB of
> RAM each connected with Gigabit ethernet.
>
> There's still some clean-up to be done on the final writing, I get :
>
> WARNING: In /home/kevin/kitware/ITK/Code/IO/itkMetaImageIO.cxx, line 1663
> MetaImageIO (0x268e2a0): Pixel types does not match file, but component
> type and number of components do.
>
> for each piece.
>
> The command was :
>
> time mpirun \
>  -hostfile ~/mpi_hostsfile \
>  ./MPIVectorGradientAnisotropicDiffusionImageFilter \
>  VisibleWomanHead/RawRGB/VisibleWomanHeadFull.mhd \
>  VisibleWomanHeadFull_Smooth.mhd \
>  1.0 20 0.03
>
> Could this warning be related to the input file having unsigned char
> component type while I'm using :
>
> typedef itk::RGBPixel < float >                  RGBPixelType;
> typedef itk::Image< RGBPixelType, Dimension >    RGBImageType;
>
> throughout the program?
> <CMakeLists.txt><itkImageRegionNonCubeSplitter.h><itkImageRegionNonCubeSplitter.txx><MPIVectorGradientAnisotropicDiffusionImageFilter.cxx><signature.asc><ATT00001..txt>

Bradley Lowekamp
Lockheed Martin Contractor for
National Library of Medicine
blowekamp at mail.nih.gov