[Insight-users] Stopping Amoeba optimizer

Lars Friedrich Lars lars-friedrich at gmx.net
Fri Dec 3 11:30:40 EST 2010

Hello,

obviously ITK's Amoeba optimizer has no method like 'StopOptimization'. I had a look at the VNL implementation (vnl_amoeba.cxx) and recognized that there is an important loop in vnl_amoebaFit::amoeba():

while (cnt < maxiter) {
}

So I tried to do the following in the iteration-callback instead of calling the non-existent method StopOptimization:

// opt is an instance of itk::AmoebaOptimizer
opt->GetOptimizer()->set_max_iterations(0);

... but it does not work.

Maybe my day was too long - but why doesn't that work?

Thanks!

regards,
lars

--