[Insight-users] StreamImageFilter - Heap corruption problems.

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Dec 1 22:58:10 EST 2010

Hi Sergio,

Your guess is correct.

The HessianRecursiveGaussianImageFilter does
not stream.

This is because internally it uses the RecursiveGaussian
image filter, which is an implementation of an Infinite
Impulse Response (IIR) filter, and therefore, it needs the
full set of pixels in a line in order to perform a computation.

That said, the pipeline shouldn't crash...

It should simply report to the StreamingImageFilter
that the best that the intermediate filters can do is to
compute the image in a single block.

You may have uncover a bug in the pipeline negotiation
during the streaming process.