[Insight-users] How ITK handles non-equal spacing images

Jay Li chyumm at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 9 20:54:38 EDT 2010

Dear ITK Users,

I have a question regarding how ITK handles images with non-equal spacings in general. For example, I have a 3D volume with the spacing of 0.2 mm along X and Y axis respectively, but 1 mm spacing in Z direction. If I apply a 3-D level set segmentation algorithm to the image, is this going to be a concern due to the larger spacing in Z direction? Or instead should I try 2-D  level set segmentation slice by slice on X-Y plane? Any suggestion is appreciated. Thank you.

Regards,
Jay