[Insight-users] Converting MRML nodes to itk Image

John Drozd john.drozd at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 14:14:28 EDT 2009

Hi Bill,

Thank you very much for pointing out that MRML is Slicer specific. After
reading your email, I poised my question to the slicer-users mailing list
and Nicole on that mailing list pointed me to some existing Slicer code that
I could look at:

"If you look at the source code in the ModelMaker module, it reads in a mrml
scene file:
http://viewvc.slicer.org/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/Applications/CLI/ModelMaker.cxx?view=markup
Then you can call GetNodeByID or GetNodesByName on the mrml scene variable
to get the vtkMRMLScalarVolumeNode and then you can call GetImageData on
that to get the vtkImageData for manipulation."

john