[Insight-users] Reading MHD/RAW problem

itkvtk123 at gmx.net itkvtk123 at gmx.net
Wed Sep 16 06:54:35 EDT 2009

I want to read RAW data using a MHD file.
Unfortunately, it never reads the entire file - regardless which pixel type I specify.

My code

typedef signed short PixelType;
typedef itk::Image<PixelType, 3> Image3DType;
typedef itk::ImageSeriesReader<Image3DType> SeriesReaderType;

SeriesReaderType::Pointer reader = SeriesReaderType::New();
reader->SetFileName("C:/LungConeBeam.mhd");

try
{
	reader->Update();
}

results always in
"MetaImage: M_ReadElements: data not read completely"
"ideal = 5242880 : actual = 131072"

The image is 256x256 px (type float) with 20 Slices.

You can get the data at
http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~dsarrut/vv/lowResolution/LungConeBeam.mhd
http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~dsarrut/vv/lowResolution/LungConeBeam.raw

Where is the problem?