[Insight-users] Problem in mesh visualization with itkQuadEdgeMesh.. still waiting for a response…please help!

Martine Lefevre martine_lef at yahoo.fr
Fri Feb 27 11:17:05 EST 2009

I have posted my question yesterday but nobody answer me yet, …could you please have a look on my problem and tell me how I can resolve it. Many thanks
Hi,
I have extracted a surface from a segmented object. The mesh is an instance of the
QuadEdgeMesh class as I’m going to use the itkQuadEdgeMeshDiscreteGaussianCurvatureEstimator later in order to extract the curvature.
When I visualize the extracted mesh it’s simply a black image. But if I change the type of the mesh from itkQuadEdgeMesh to itk::Mesh, it works fine and I can visualize the extracted surface.

So not working with a mesh of type:
typedef QuadEdgeMeshExtendedTraits < double, 3, 2, double, double, double, bool, bool > Traits;
typedef QuadEdgeMesh< double, 3, Traits > MeshType;

but working with:
typedef itk::Mesh<double, 3,itk::DefaultStaticMeshTraits< double, 3, 3, double, double > > MeshType;

For the visualization I use the same procedure as in vtk2itk code.

Do you have any idea about the cause of this problem?

attached my code
Thank you
Regards
Martine.