[Insight-users] combining output from segmentation with label map attributes using Gaetan Lehmann's paper: "Label object representation and manipulation with ITK"

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Thu Dec 17 11:12:33 EST 2009

Le 15 déc. 09 à 21:40, lynx.abraxas at freenet.de a écrit :

> On 11/12/09 11:30:08, Luis Ibanez wrote:
>>              itkLabelGeometryImageFilter.h
>>
>> that is described in the Insight Journal paper:
>>
>>     "A Label Geometry Image Filter for Multiple Object Measurement"
>>     by Padfield D., Miller J. from GE Global Research
>>     http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/301
>>     http://hdl.handle.net/1926/1493
>
> I'm getting confiused. How do itkLabelGeometryImageFilter.h and
> itkBinaryImageToShapeLabelMapFilter.h (from http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/176)
>  differ (except for the additionaly analized quantities)?
>
> It looks like Gaëtan's publication was earlier but it seems to
> include itkLabelGeometryImageFilter.h, is that correct?

Those two classes provide similar features, but there are a few
differences. There is no code shared in those contributions.

I believe that the LabelMap contribution provide a better
infrastructure, but well, that's the opinion of the developer, so it
might be quite biased :-)
I also believe that ITK really needs this kind of feature, but
introducing them twice seems a bit strange and confusing for the final
user.

Gaëtan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann