[Insight-users] Interpolation Volume

Gupt adityargupta at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 13:07:59 EST 2009

Hello Luis,

Thanks for the reply. In continuation to my previous question... So using
the stack of 2d MRI slices, I've a certain segmentation on each of the
slices and using the segmented output I've built a surface model and now
I've incorporated the intensities of the slices in the surface model. Now,
I'm interested to find the volume of the segmented region. So, using the
segmented outputs from the various slices, I want to reconstruct a volume,
compute and finally visualize the volume. Can you give me a start on how I
can proceed? Is it possible to build a 3d volume (not surface model) from a
stack of 2d slices (only one axial view not 3 views)? Are there any standard
algorithms being used for construction of 3d volumes from 2d slices?

Appreciate your help in this matter.

Regards,
Gupt