[Insight-users] writer problems with geodesic active contours segmentation

Michael Xanadu xanadu.michael at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 21 06:59:46 EDT 2009

Hi @ all,

i wanted to test the code of GeodesicActiveContourImageFilter.cxx from the
example folder. So I took the core code and build it into my own app. It
works great. But If I comment all the secondary writers ("writer1" -
"writer4") and their relevant casters etc., which produce the intermediate
outputs, I get a fine error message. This doesn't make any sense to me,
because the secondary writers do not mess with the primary writer...or what?

Thanx in advance, Michael

///////////////////////// here is the message
///////////////////////////////////
itk::ExceptionObject (0139BD50)
Location: "void __thiscall itk::ImageFileWriter<class itk::Image<unsigned
char,2> >::Write(void)"
File: c:\programme\itksource\code\io\itkImageFileWriter.txx
Line: 271
does not fully contain requested paste IO regionPaste IO region:
ImageIORegion (0139BDA8)
  Dimension: 2
  Index: 0 0
  Size: 0 0
Largest possible region: ImageRegion (0139BD78)
  Dimension: 2
  Index: [0, 0]
  Size: [0, 0]