[Insight-users] Exceptions with Deformable BSpline registration.

johnjtchen at aol.co.uk johnjtchen at aol.co.uk
Thu Jun 26 09:41:56 EDT 2008

Dear All,

I have some problems with running BSpline with Mattes MI metric
registration from example\registration directory.

No matter how I try the various conbination of the paramters?of
LBFGSB?or RegularStepGradient optimizer, the results that I can
get are "Joint PDF summed to zero" with gradient optimizer or
"Too many samples are mapping outside image" with LBFGSB.

The images for registration?are T1 256*256*92 brains. I am sure
that the origin of fix and mov images are both [0,0,0], and the
images have been rigidly aligned.

I am windering is that the effects with regarding to the CMake
option "ITK_USE_ORIENTED_IMAGE_DIRECTION=ON"? Because
now the itkMattesMutualInformationImageMetric has been redirect
to itkOptMattesMutualInformationImageMetric.

The examples that I try were Deformable8, 12, 13 and 15. It all gave
me the exceptions that mentioned above.

Could you give some advice on this problem?

Thanks very much.
john