[Insight-users] ICP error calculation

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Jan 27 08:33:19 EST 2008

Hi Kambiz,

You can see the errors by adding a Command/Observer, as it is shown
in the Example:

      Insight/Examples/Patented/IterativeClosestPoint1.cxx

This will show you the error values at every iteration.

If you really want to see only the final value, then you could
simply call

std::cout << "Value = " << optimizer->GetCachedValue() << std::endl;

at the end of the program.

Note that in order to interpret this value correctly, you have
to pay attention to the settings of the Metric. In particular
whether you asked the Metric to compute the Distance or the
squared Distance.

     Regards,

        Luis]