[Insight-users] Reconstruction algorithm : Improving performance of morphological reconstruction

Richard Beare richard.beare at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 19:31:20 EDT 2008

The examples that come with the package are related to finding maxima
and minima of certain types, rather than directly calling the
reconstruction filter. However if you look inside the minima and
maxima filters you will find out how to call the reconstruction
filter. The Vincent algorithm for reconstruction isn't particularly
sensitive to pixel type - it only uses comparison operations, but
performance is somewhat dependent on the image structure. Anyhow, it
is easy to try all the algorithms and time them to see which is best.