[Insight-users] ImageSeriesReader memory allocation for large datasets

Marius Erdt marius.erdt at gmx.de
Tue Apr 15 03:52:17 EDT 2008

Hello Luis,

I'm using a 32-Bit windows, but the process memory limit should not be a
problem since the data consumes just about 500 Mb in total. The data is
not copied or processed in advance, but just loaded using the itk image
series reader.

The number of pixels of my data is 573x330 in all slices. However, I
experience the same problem when loading big medical data sets of
512x512. I don't know if it is maybe a problem with the total amount of
slices that can be handled by the itk image series reader or if it is
another issue.
Does anyone know if the itk reader has some built in memory limit?

Regards,
Marius