[Insight-users] Unexplained file extensions in ITK

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Apr 11 18:29:28 EDT 2008

Hi Reuben,

Thanks for the update on your progress.

A couple of comments:

1) To verify that your MetaImage headers are correct,
    please try:

     ParaView    www.paraview.org
     Slicer      http://www.na-mic.org/Slicer/Download/Snapshots/

    You should also be able to read the Nifti image files with
    Slicer (the files with extension .nii).

2) It is normal that you see only one slice in your
    VTK visualization, since you are using the vtkImageActor.

    You would have to add interactions in order to allow the
    user to change the Slice number of the image actor, so
    you can slide through the image.

    Another nice option is the vtkImagePlaneWidget.

    Please try the examples in:

       InsightApplications/Auxiliary/vtk
            itkReadITKImage3DSegmentShowVTK.cxx*
            itkReadITKImageSegmentShowVTK.cxx*