[Insight-users] dilate and erode in 3D

Irene Gonzálvez García irenegonzalvezg at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 13:47:07 EDT 2008

Richard, thank you for your answer. I successfully run the algorithms
the itkFlatStructuringElement in 4D, using a ball as the structuring
element.
Now, I would like to implement a ball which has, in the 4th
coordinate(time), all pixels from the center to the past time pixels
equals to zero and the rest part of them equal to 1 (like a
semi-ellipsis in the 4th dimension) . Basically, what I would like to
avoid is the symmetry of the dilatation, making it asymmetric. Is it
possible to implement it with the HISTO algorithm?, where is exactly
this algorithm?, I couldn't find it in
http://voxel.jouy.inra.fr/darcs/contrib-itk/consolidatedMorphology/ .

Best regards and thank you for your help
Irene