[Insight-users] Reading a Dicom Series and visualizing it in vtk

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Apr 1 20:15:05 EDT 2008

Hi Polys_poly,

Please do the following:

a) After reading in the DICOM image,
    call Print(std::cout) on the image,
    in order to verify if the image was read
    correctly.  You will be able to verify
    parameters such as origin, spacing,
    orientation and number of pixels

b) After converting the ITK image to vtkImageData,
    also call Print(std::cout) on the vtkImageData.
    In this way you will verify whether the conversion
    was successful or not, by looking at origin, spacing
    and number of pixels.

Please post to the mailing list the output that you
get from (a) and (b) above,

    Thanks,

       Luis