[Insight-users] Re: ImageSeriesReader and ImageSeriesWriter

Todd Jensen todd.jensen at ieee.org
Sun Sep 30 17:07:36 EDT 2007

> For example, if I have 30 dicom slices from 1 serie I read the serie,
> then process it and the result... 30 dicom slices in 30 different series.
>
> Using a series writer i can generate the unique output serie with all
> the slices, but don't know how to modify each individual slice.

Sounds like you may need to change the default IO setting to not regenerating unique UIDs for the series and study.  Try:

    typedef itk::GDCMImageIO ImageIOType;
    ImageIOType::Pointer dicomIO = ImageIOType::New();

    // Don't allow UIDs to be regenerated at this point.
    //
    dicomIO->SetKeepOriginalUID( true );  // assumes you have changed meta data to the UID you wish to use.

    typedef itk::ImageFileWriter< ImageType2D>  WriterType;
    WriterType::Pointer dcmWriter = WriterType::New();
    dcmWriter->SetImageIO( dicomIO );

Todd Jensen