[Insight-users] levenberg marquadet or other newton-like optimizer for single-value cost function

Moti Freiman freiman at cs.huji.ac.il
Wed Oct 31 15:04:14 EDT 2007

Hi All,
I'm searching for optimizer to my registration application.
Since gradient decent based algorithms in itk don't take into account the
second order infromation (hessian), I assume that they tend to use more
iterations than newton like methods, include the levenberg marquadet
optimizer.
However I did not find an Newton like optimizer that can optimize a single
value cost function (like NCC). Any ideas?
Is there any reason that the levenberg marquaedt designed just for multiple
value cost function?
Thanks,
Moti
--