[Insight-users] Problem for reading vtk images

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Oct 31 11:34:21 EDT 2007

Hi Alex,

      CVS has all the answers     :-)

http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Code/IO/itkVTKImageIO.cxx?rev=1.42&root=Insight&view=log

The "STRUCTURED POINTS" has been there for reading (Read method)
since cvs version 1.9 of this file, This is February 25 2002:
http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Code/IO/itkVTKImageIO.cxx?r1=1.8&r2=1.9&root=Insight

The "STRUCTURED POINTS" has been there for writing (Write method)
since cvs version 1.5:  December 21 2001:
http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Code/IO/itkVTKImageIO.cxx?r1=1.4&r2=1.5&root=Insight

In the ITK 3.2 version, they are both there:
http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Code/IO/itkVTKImageIO.cxx?annotate=1.39&root=Insight

In the ITK 3.4 version, they are still there:
http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Code/IO/itkVTKImageIO.cxx?annotate=1.42&root=Insight

Which probably lead to conclude that it is unlikely that
the .vtk file that you have, was created from ITK.

Your vtk file was probably generated from another source.