[Insight-users] Problem for reading vtk images

Alexandre Abadie Alexandre.Abadie at irisa.fr
Tue Oct 30 09:14:08 EDT 2007

Hi itk users,

I am currently using the itkImageIOFactory class for reading the data
formats supported by itk. This works very well with versions 3.0 and 3.2
but I recently made an update to 3.4 and now I can't read vtk data. I
tested with NIFTI and Mha data and it always works.
Here is how I am proceeding :
itk::ImageIOBase::Pointer imageIO = itk::ImageIOFactory::CreateImageIO (
entree, itk::ImageIOFactory::ReadMode );
This return a null pointer when I am trying to load a vtk data with itk 3.4.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks in advance.

Alex