[Insight-users] Under-one-roof Image Application, Scripts and Image Tutorials

M. Wirtzfeld wirtzfeld at rogers.com
Thu Oct 25 17:03:10 EDT 2007

Good day,

Does anyone know of an image application/viewer than can single
handedly work (view/convert, etc.) with multiple image-types?  More
specifically, DICOM, MINC, and RAW-data Images?

I am using the Mattes Mutual information metric
(MattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetric) to register oblique
slices on volume.  This is done in ITK.  As a result, I can not use
the MINC file-format by default for reading images.  I first need to
convert to one of several supported formats and as a result I have
decided on MHD.

Short of this, does anyone have scripts allowing conversion between
MINC and MHD and back again?  I am working on a LINUX platform so
applications like VolView are not applicable.

Last item, any good tutorials on image scaling dealing with data-
types and operations like casting.

Thank you,

Michael.

Michael R. Wirtzfeld