[Insight-users] problem

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Oct 12 16:09:38 EDT 2007

Hi Giorgos,

                     Welcome to ITK !

Please read the Tutorials:

       http://www.itk.org/HTML/Tutorials.htm

in particular:

http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStarted-I.pdf

It will guide you on how to build ITK and how to configure
your own project for using ITK.

You will find similar instructions in the ITK Software Guide

       http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

Yous *SHOULD NOT* copy files from ITK into the Examples/Registration
directory, otherwise you will end up copying most of the toolkit there.

What you must do is to take the example that you want to use, and copy
it in a directory outside of the ITK source tree. Then you must write a
CMakeLists.txt file for it, and configure the example with CMake.
The tutorial above explains how to write a CMakeLists.txt file.

See also the instructions given in the following email from the archives
of the mailing list:

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/insight-users/2007-October/023866.html