[Insight-users] 2D/3D Image stitching with itk

Adrian John adrjohn at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 03:16:22 EDT 2007

I only have little experience with itk and would like to stitch overlapping
2D Images to a single 2D panorama image and 3D volume blocks to a single 3D
panorama volume block.
Concerning this matter I have some questions:
- Are any examples available?
- How much overlap I need for a reliable result?
- Is the itk registration framework suitable for image stitching or should i
better try feature based approaches such as SIFT/SURF?
 - If there are no examples available it would be nice if somebody with more
experience could give me small hint which itk classes I can use for this
task.
- Is it a question if seconds or minutes to stitch two  512x512x512 volume
blocks with itk?

Thanks a lot and best regards
Adrian