[Insight-users] Level set segmentation

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Oct 8 08:26:17 EDT 2007

Hi "Orientation f"

Note that you don't need to *exactly* compute the minimum value
of the gradient magnitude along the contour, nor the mean value
of the gradient magnitude inside the anatomical structure.

     You just need *an estimation* of these two values.

Typically what you can do is to first run a GradientMagnitude
filter in your image, and using any visualization program you
can explore values of the image.

For this purpose you can use

1) the ImageViewer
2) Slicer
3) ParaView

among others....

Any visualization program that allows you to poke at the
pixel values will do the trick.

You could also do it by simply setting up a visualization
program in which you show the output of the Sigmoid at
different values of Alpha and Beta.

See for example:

http://www.itk.org/HTML/FastMarchingLevelSet.htm
http://www.itk.org/HTML/ShapeDetectionLevelSet.htm