[Insight-users] Volume registration using position vectors -- newbie question

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Oct 6 11:15:26 EDT 2007

Hi Frank,

 From your description it seems that you only need to resample
image B using the grid of image A.

That is, you are relying on the fact that both images have been
acquired from the same scanner, and that the image origing and
direction cosines are correct.

That should work fine.

Just remember to use the itk::OrientedImage<> instead of the
itk::Image.

The itk::OrientedImage will take the Direction cosines into
account when it is used by the interpolator of the Resample
ImageFilter.

Please read the ITK Software Guide,

      http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

in particular Section 6.9.4 "Resample Image Filter" in
pdf-pages 254-448.

This section describes in detail how to use the ResampleImageFilter.